This quick and easy gluten-free stuffing is gonna leave you wanting it more often than that one family get together! The addition of kraut adds a subtle sour flavor, a little crunch and a dose of probiotic goodness.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 5-6 servings
· 1 loaf of gluten-free sliced bread
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
· 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
· 1 teaspoon ground sage
· 1 teaspoon rosemary
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup veggie broth (or more as needed)
· ½ cup minced Pangea Ferments Traditional or Three Seed Sauerkraut
1. Toast bread in a toaster or quickly under broiler. Cube into pieces and set aside.
2. In a skillet under medium heat add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion and celery and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
3. Stir in thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
4. Add bread cubes and mix until evenly coated.
5. Slowly pour broth over bread, reduce heat to low and cover for 10 minutes.
6. Just before serving mince sauerkraut and stir into stuffing